Live Chat Agent (location: South Africa)
Start right away. Working from home is also possible.
Digital Customer Care Company in Amsterdam, The Netherlands, is looking for people with a high level of English for the position of Chat Agent.
What do we do?
For our clients, we proactively greet all their website visitors and ask them if we can help them find the right information. Using live chat, you support visitors in searching and finding information, and you help them choose and make decisions. By conducting pleasant live chats, we create qualitative leads. Our clients are in the automotive industry, real estate agents, IT companies, industrial companies, online shops, travel agencies, and educational institutions. By outsourcing live chat to us, our clients can focus on their core activities.
Why the Chat Agent is so important
The Chat Agents are the front line of our core product, ensuring the continued success and growth of the business. We are looking for a Chat Agent who generates leads for the sales departments of our clients as well as for our own company via online chat. The candidate is able to communicate with all prospects in a professional manner and to build a relationship. Each eligible chat is forwarded to the client. This role is critical to leading the way in creating a passionate sales experience. Ideally, Chat Agents are strong at fast thinking and multitasking, and they are highly responsible individuals who take pride in their work and share our great passion for exceptional customer service.
About the work
You create a strong setup that makes it easy for the salespeople of our clients to finish the job. In this varied and versatile position, you’re responsible for answering various customer questions about products and services. In particular, you’ll cultivate an interest in the visitor with the aim that he or she leaves contact details. After extensive training, you will have plenty of knowledge of the various products and services that our clients offer. You conduct up to 3 chat conversations at the same time and you also consult various systems to answer customer questions as accurately and as quickly as possible, and to enter contact details of your leads. In the first 3 months, you will be extensively trained on various skills so that you can deliver excellent performance.
You work online when visitors visit the websites of our customers. This can be during the day, but also in the evenings and on weekends. Working hours are from Monday till Friday from 9am till 5pm (South Africa Standard Time). You work at least 40 hours a week. Flexibility and working online (especially at home) are the real benefits of this position. You must be able to work during office hours for the first weeks because of the paid training and the induction period. This is a long-term job, so you must be available for at least 12 months. This job is ideal for recent graduates and starters, but is also ideal for intelligent students, mothers with a commercial inclination, communicative family fathers, and enthusiastic people over 50!
Your duties and responsibilities
- Work under the direction of a team leader to deliver results in lead generation
- Serve small and large companies based on complexity and service level
- Qualify leads through online chats
- Adhere to qualification guidelines
- Generate a minimum number of leads per month (your monthly target)
On a daily basis you will work with:
- Live chat with a range of customers – answering questions but most importantly generating leads
- E-mailing the leads you’ve generated via live chat to clients or entering leads into their CRM systems
- Update the knowledge base with the latest customer information
Your knowledge and skills
We are proud of our Live Chat Agents because they are excellent modern, versatile cloud workers. They have the following skills:
- Excellent ‘personal’ communication skills with a strong commercial mindset
- More than 300 keystrokes per minute, touch typing with a precision of at least 95%
- Can multi-task very well, you’ll regularly conduct multiple chats simultaneously
- Proven track record of excellent attendance and punctuality
- Excellent spelling and grammar of the English language (we will test this)
- Passionate about delivering exceptional customer service
- Able to thrive in high-pressure situations
- Able to work towards a monthly goal
- Strong demonstrable experience with the Internet and multiple software applications ‘in the cloud’
- Confidentiality when handling sensitive information (you will have to sign a nondisclosure agreement)
- You’re an expert in working independently and continue to motivate yourself (important, because you work from home)
- Access to a home workplace with a fast internet connection
- Very flexible regarding deployment
- You’re available for at least a year
- You work and think at (at least) college level
What do we offer?
Everything is arranged down to the last detail for our Chat Agents:
- The possibility to work from home.
- Your own computer with two large screens (at home as well)
- Remote work allowance
- You will receive extensive training and further support on the job by experienced Chat Agents and team leaders. We also offer ample opportunities to work on your own development and growth. We like to invest in talent that wants to perform and develop further!
- The opportunity to gain a lot of knowledge and experience at a wide variety of companies.
- Growth opportunities after just one year (for example to team leader, customer success manager, or marketeer)!
- Good earnings of 10,000 ZAR gross per hour worked. Plus a bonus scheme for the quality of your work (after two months of service).
- An end-of-year bonus when business results are good.
- Lots of fun.
- A party every quarter.
Are you ready to prove yourself and are you eager to climb the ladder? No problem, because Digital Customer Care Company is a fast-growing company that invests heavily in its employees. After your first year, you may be able to grow to an exciting new position in our company. Are you enthusiastic and do you see it as a challenge to strengthen our team? Get in touch with us right away!
We test candidates for the following skills:
- Typing speed;
- Proficiency in the English language;
- Online business etiquette.
The procedure consists of the following steps:
- Submit your CV and a screenshot of the typing test results (test your typing speed here). Answer the following five questions and send all of the information to: [email protected]
- Tell us in your own words what you know about our company and our industry?
- Why is it so important to our customers what we do?
- What is your favourite aspect of our business and why?
- Which job is your worst nightmare, and why?
- What does great customer service mean to you?
- Job interview via live chat;
- Job interview via Zoom with the team leader;
- Personality test;
- Language test;
- Reference check.