5 ways to boost your brand image in 2021
You may have the best product on offer, but unless your customers know about it, they aren’t going to buy it. You must ensure that they know your brand.
Ideally, you must make your brand so familiar that it becomes a part of your customers’ lives, and that they want to engage with and buy your product or service. Promote your brand in a vibrant way that keeps your offering in the forefront of your customers’ minds. This is what will get you ahead of the competition.
Here are some suggestions to boost your brand image in 2021:
1. Always put your customers first
This is the most crucial part of building a viable and highly visible brand.
- Know who your target customers are and learn to understand their wants, needs and requirements. Then you can pitch campaigns and promotions accurately and effectively.
- Ensure your customers have the best experience possible when they interact with your brand.
- Make sure that the content you share with them is useful, relevant, and builds trust.
- Encourage your customers to share these positive interactions with your brand online through reviews.
- Nurture your customers by always delivering on your brand promises and showing them respect.
- Make getting and implementing customer feedback a priority.
2. Make your brand highly visible
To get people to see your brand as part of their daily lives, you’ll need to establish it as a trusted and accepted part of your target audience’s collective consciousness! Here are some ideas you can employ to make your brand more visible:
- Speak at public events
- Host free webinars for the public
- Design your content marketing with best practice SEO in mind
- Use your branding at every touchpoint along your customers’ journey, i.e. your product packaging, ad material, website, thank you pages, email signatures, etc.
- Offer great resources on your website like blogs, articles, how-to content, tutorials, etc. This will also boost your SEO.
3. Be vigorously engaged on social media
This means more than just simply having your own pages on which you post and launch campaigns and promotions. Start interacting with some of the content other people are posting to ensure your brand pops up in other timelines. Establish a presence on other channels that you’ve not used before.
Share eye-catching infographics and content that will appeal to your target audience by using effective images, colours, fonts and icons. Curate, create, and share valuable free educational content that feature your brand. Use humour, location tags and hashtags to engage with trending topics, subjects and themes that will resonate with your audience.
Don’t forget how effective a well-tagged video can be! It will improve your search engine rankings, conversion levels and click-through rates.
4. Provide 24/7/365 top-notch customer service
The service you give your customers will come to define your brand and reflect its image, values, and mission. Your customers’ loyalty will be determined by how your business treats them. No less than 96% of consumers say that good customer service is important to them in their choice of brand.
Consider the following points:
- Your customer service team is the ‘voice’ that speaks to your customers; therefore, your support team has to be skilled, well-trained and highly motivated.
- Make your customer service team feel valued and appreciated – and they will do the same for your customers.
- Happy customers who have had excellent customer experiences with your brand are wonderful ambassadors for it. Better yet, you’ll get free publicity by positive word-of-mouth referrals.
- It is far less expensive to generate new customers than to generate new ones. Good customer service will decrease your churn rate.
Good customer service ensures your customers keep coming back. Ideally it should also be multilingual so that every customer in your target audience is addressed in the language they feel comfortable in.
However, providing outstanding, round-the-clock customer service is often beyond the resources of businesses. If this is the case with your company, don’t be discouraged. Outsourcing customer service is an excellent solution. It allows specialists in the field to ensure your customers get the best customer service out there.
5. Partner with good causes and known influencers
Going green, implementing sustainable company practices, and then doing some subtle bragging on social media can boost your brand image significantly! So can collaborating with influencers in your field, who can generate sponsored content for you that will be seen by their followers.
It is also advantageous to start partnerships with other businesses in complementary fields to tap into new markets. A bakery, for example, can partner with a coffee shop, a clothing brand with a shoe manufacturer, or a florist with a wedding planner, to their mutual benefit.
There are many more ways in which to boost awareness of your brand, but these suggestions offer an excellent starting point. It might seem like a lot of time and effort, but make no mistake – boosting brand awareness has a massive ROI for your business.