When is the right time to outsource customer service?
Many businesses reach a point where they have to ask themselves if they should outsource certain aspects of their operations in order to scale up. Customer service is a crucial part of every business where brands don’t dare fall short.
Many businesses find themselves hard-pressed to offer the outstanding customer care that is obligatory these days. So for many brands, outsourcing their customer service is a logical step to lighten the load on their in-house teams.
We know that the idea of outsourcing can be daunting, and many businesses fear that they might be losing control of a large part of their business. However, outsourcing to the right specialist company holds significantly more advantages than disadvantages.
But when’s the right time to do it? In this blog post, we’ll take a good look at this question.
Firstly, are there really benefits to outsourcing customer service?
Absolutely, yes, and significant ones, not the least of which is cost savings. Top-notch customer support, done properly, is not cheap and it takes a big commitment of staff and resources. Not all businesses have the resources or skills to do it justice. Outsourcing this vital function is the logical step.
Here are some of the many benefits of outsourcing customer support:
- Save costs and resources, and free up your own staff to focus on other vital tasks.
- Specialist customer care companies are equipped to provide multilingual, omnichannel support over multiple time zones – which today’s sophisticated customer demands.
- Tailor-make the technology employed to your specific requirements.
- Save on staff training. This frees up resources to hire managers and skilled agents for your in-house functions.
- Takes enormous pressure and stress of your own staff enabling them to fulfil their specialised duties better.
- Save on the cost of expensive telephone and call centre equipment while still ensuring your clients receive excellent 24/7 service.
- Cope easily even when demand increases due to seasonal peaks, special promotions, or upscaling.
Not sure how you’re doing? Monitoring your Customer Health Scores (CHS) can help you see if you’re heading in the right direction or not.
What kind of businesses can benefit from outsourcing CS?
Establishing an effective CS department is a costly undertaking, requiring a significant allocation of resources in terms of staff, equipment, time, and training. So, it might be a smart decision for a new startup to consider outsourcing their CS right from the beginning.
Outsourcing their CS would also make good sense for large corporates, especially those who are subject to fluctuating seasonal demand.
Related Content: Top tips for handling customer support this festive season
SMEs might likewise find that the demands of supplying outstanding customer service is stretching their resources too far, so outsourcing it makes sound business sense.
Similarly, companies that have experienced rapid expansion might find that the demands of providing the 24/7, multilingual CS over many time zones, are outstripping their resources. In all these instances outsourcing CS to a specialist company like Digital Customer Care Company offers the best solution.
How do you know it’s time to outsource your vital customer support function?
There are many indications that you should seriously start looking at outsourcing your CS. Here we’ve put them in neat little nutshells for you:
- Your company and customer base are growing very fast.
- You need to cut costs.
- The quality of your CS is suffering because your agents are inundated, stressed, and overtaxed.
- You and your team lack the time or energy to create outstanding CS after taking care of the day-to-day running of the business.
- You’re not able to stick to deadlines.
- Your sales figures are declining, and you need data to find out why.
- You’re trying to offer new and innovative services to attract customers, but your CS team is buckling under the strain.
- You feel that your CS is stagnating or becoming technologically outdated.
- You’re worried that your CS is not meeting the expectations of your growing number of customers.
- You feel your brand is not being promoted as actively as you’d like.
- Your lead-to-client process is lacking.
- You don’t have the time or resources to find, interview and onboard the skilled CS staff you need.
- Important tasks like answering emails, scheduling appointments, and integrating social media interactions are being neglected.
- You’re worried about cyber security and data breaches and theft.
Ready to get started?
Now that you’ve decided to outsource your CS, it’s important that you outsource to the right partner. At Digital Customer Care Company, we will take meticulous care in looking after your customers with a customer service solution tailored to suit your business’s unique requirements.
We’ll develop a flexible and tailor-made approach to suit your brand and your customers specifically, with a maximum response times. We can assist your customers in their native language – including Dutch, English, German, French, Italian, Portuguese, Arabic and Spanish.
We offer omnichannel support that includes phone, email, Facebook, Twitter, Whatsapp and live chat. And we’ll run your customer care reliably 24/7, 365 days a year. So why not give us a shout? We CAN help you!