How to outsource customer service for your Shopify webshop
If you run an online store on Shopify, you already know that great customer service is key to increasing conversions. But what if you don’t have the time, staff, or technical resources to deliver it? Find out how (and why) you can outsource customer service for your Shopify site here!
Why outsource customer service for your Shopify webshop?
If you look at the pros and cons of outsourcing online support, you will find that the advantages of doing so tend to outweigh the disadvantages. More and more online businesses are outsourcing their digital online customer care for these persuasive reasons:
Do more, with fewer resources
Establishing and running an effective contact centre is expensive! You will need sophisticated infrastructure, trained staff, and the right hardware and software to set it up. By outsourcing your customer care, you get the benefit of a specialised provider’s experience, technical expertise, and knowledge. This will remove a huge and expensive burden from your company.
Improved Customer Experience (CX)
Today’s sophisticated digital shopper wants instant and immediate support in real time! Very few smaller companies have the resources to provide that on their own. Giving customers the outstanding 24/7 multilingual support they demand will improve their CX substantially. This will bring you many benefits:
- Increased conversions and revenue: happy customers spend more money!
- Excellent online reviews that will boost your brand image
- Excellent word-of-mouth references
- Fewer complaints
- Reduction in costs with fewer returns and replacement items
You’re able to focus more on running your company and building your brand
Outsourcing your customer service will give you more time to spend on your main goal – growing your Shopify business. This gives you more time and energy to focus on marketing, networking, and expanding your range.
Signs it’s time to outsource your Shopify customer support
It’s time to consider outsourcing online customer support when…
1. The fast growth of your business is straining staff resources
Rapid growth can overtax and stress your staff, which can lead to expensive mistakes. Staff numbers that aren’t inadequate to handle increased queries and complaints can really damage the reputation of your Shopify webshop.
2. You don’t have the financial resources to provide the excellent customer care your clients deserve
Expanding your own contact centre means buying new equipment, hiring and training more staff, leasing expensive software, and possibly even renting a larger office space. Outsourcing comes with none of these costs.
3. You need greater customer service expertise
Few companies are really equipped to provide the outstanding customer care today’s sophisticated digital shopper demands. Hiring an experienced and knowledgeable provider to perform this vital function for you can be one of the smartest business decisions you make.
4. You want the added benefits of more advanced technology
Modern consumers want a variety of contact channels with brands – from email and live chat, to phone support and social media. In addition, the reports and transcripts which can be pulled from professional customer care software can be invaluable for making business decisions.
5. You need flexibility to scale
The demand on a company’s customer service can often be subject to seasonal fluctuations. Taking this in stride is difficult for many businesses. However, if you have outsourced your digital support function, your specialised provider will take care of it for you.
6. You need 24/7, multi-language coverage
Multilingual, 24/7 coverage to cater for an international body of customers is tricky for most businesses to provide internally. The right specialised customer care provider can give you the extended coverage at a fraction of the cost you can manage on your own.
The importance of excellent customer service for Shopify sites
Businesses, no matter what they are, need to make money! There is no doubt whatsoever that good customer service helps businesses do that, which makes it crucially important to your Shopify site. Here are just a few reasons why:
- Good customer service will increase conversions and boost revenue as it creates happy customers. It thus adds to the longevity and prosperity of your business.
- Happy customers will help you build a better reputation, which will boost your profitability and growth through positive online reviews and referrals.
- Happy customers will become loyal clients who bring you lots of return business – drastically reducing your churn rate.
- Good customer service will increase the customer lifetime value, or CLTV, of many customers. It’s simple – loyal, involved customers buy more and keep coming back!
Remember that outsourcing doesn’t mean you’re not in control
Remember that even when you do decide to outsource your Shopify customer service, you still set the rules! You should have access to all live chat and phone transcripts.
The key is to have a clearly defined contract with the company you are outsourcing to. They should be an extension of your own business and share the same business culture and values.
A good customer service agency like Digital Customer Care will ensure both you and your customers benefit. Our advanced technological expertise and extensive experience guarantee that your customers receive outstanding service with complete professionalism – all at a fraction of the cost of managing CS inhouse.
We offer 24/7/365 multilingual support to accommodate all your international clients, ensuring a higher conversion rate and healthier profits. Sound good? Then get in touch today!